(Comments posted here are more likely to get a response 😉)
Hello to the awesome Patreons, this is a follow up video from the dust prevention video posted a couple of months ago. I had the opportunity to make a huge mess in the garage and thought what better test for the dust extractors than turning the garage into a big dust bowl. And a test it was! In the video I'll show you the results and how well the dust extractor performed as well as show you the upgrades I made to each unit to give them a better chance at catching dust. P.S. I also made a change to the voltage I'm using to drive the fans, they were previously running at 3 volts, which was fine however the start voltage for each fan is 5 volts, so while they run fine at 3 volts they still need a minimum of 5 volts to get started. So to make things easier for when I connect and disconnect each fan I'm now running the fans at 5 volts, which increases the total running cost to about $14 per year but they also have a slightly higher airflow. The higher airflow actually works better with the more dense HEPA filters, more airflow is needed to push air through the more dense filter fibres. I hope you enjoy watching.
Additional content that will help you recreate and follow along with the build, some of the 3D printer files are still experimental and may require some tinkering in order to get them to print successfully. Also, nearly all of the 3D printer files are designed for resin 3D printers, trying to print them using a filament 3D printer may not be possible!
But in any case, I hope you enjoy the extra content.